The world has changed radically: we’re now networked, digital and global, facing business challenges of increasing complexity, making the relevance and challenge of leadership ever more compelling. In over twenty years of executive coaching and leadership training, John McConnell and Virginia Rhoads have guided successful executives on the path to becoming extraordinary leaders who meet and shape the challenges of the modern world. They have pioneered proven methodologies to engage people mentally, physically and emotionally— unlocking vital new skills and producing tangible results.
Individuals and teams come to Jempe Center from companies including Hornall Anderson, Microsoft, DDB Seattle, Expedia, Nike, Holland America, Capital One, Rational Agency, Pacific Market International, Redbird and Seattle University for a myriad of reasons. Many executives have reached the top of their professions and need to take stock, highlight assets and identify liabilities, then set goals for what’s next. Some have received workplace feedback and have specific traits to smooth out, improve on or acquire. Others are at a mid-career intersection and not sure which road to take. An increasing number want a vision, and plan, for an exciting Third Chapter. What sets Jempe Center clients apart from the rest is a willingness to dive in, get honest, achieve authenticity, do the work required - and have an appetite for adventure.
During individual sessions a plan evolves, taking into account challenges, blocks and goals, while working on the whole executive using targeted skill development, mind/body integration and the practical application of psychology, somatic, martial arts, equine therapy and neuroscience expertise. Areas of focus include embodied leadership (breath, stance, alignment, personal power and presence), team development exercises and dynamics, mental agility, stamina, social intelligence and emotional resilience. Leaders learn to manage their time and energy more effectively, approach challenges with effortless grace, overcome and recover quickly from setbacks, truly elevate their game. The work is high impact and transformative, unleashing latent capabilities, answering that call to compelling greatness with far-reaching consequences for personal and professional achievement.
Retreats are where the intensive teamwork happens, usually over three days, in a highly engaging process, designed to grow individuals and bring out the best in a group. Retreat participants take the ferry to Pegasus Ranch on Whidbey Island, in Washington State, where John McConnell and Virginia Rhoads live. It’s an idyllic spot on 14 acres of pasture and forest (Virginia takes one of the horses to pick up the morning newspaper while the coffee’s brewing) and ideally situated for slowing down, examining motives, receiving feedback and returning to the office with a solid game plan and new stellar skills to put it into play. Jempe Center retreats have also landed in Ecuador on a dirt airstrip, then taken a canoe deep into the Amazon jungle. They’ve trekked through the mountains of Patagonia, had powerful breakthroughs in mystical India and sailed the Puget Sound on a 133-foot hundred year old schooner (and National Historic Landmark) called the Adventuress, where the tides, sea-life and bracing air awaken participants from the corporate grind of quarterly results, to address what’s really going on, and make significant and long-lasting changes.
Pricing: Jempe Center works in partnership with clients who are ready to make a commitment to creating sustainable results in a combination of 1:1 coaching (in-person, phone and video conference) and team retreats. Contact us to explore the fit between your needs and our services and to learn our pricing structure.
Learn more about Leadership Coaching by listening to a recent interview John provided for the podcast Career Cue. He shares his perspective about choosing a coach, what to expect, how to get the most out of coaching and more.
Clients can expect a multiplicity of outcomes from individual sessions and team retreats. Jempe Center builds stronger, more effective leaders who foster extraordinary teamwork and generate sustainable business results.
- Identify real strengths and superpowers, build a signature presence as a leader.
- Root out coping skills that used to work but now seriously limit effectiveness and hold the executive back - break bad habits.
- Achieve sustainability, endurance, stamina, resilience, risk-taking, inner strength - take the executive to the next level of responsibility, salary and position.
- Develop a sense of ease and a connection to what’s important.
- Find a stronger voice.
- Overcome burnout, rediscover passion for the business.
- Make better decisions and choices.
- Learn flexibility and creativity to solve problems.
- Gain a fresh perspective - “tune up” as business/life changes over time.
- Build a strong executive team that functions brilliantly together. One that has each others back, shines with excellence, moves fast, has unbreakable trust and bonds, unbeatable, shared goals, one vision, complementary skills and inspires passion.
- Grow high-functioning cross-generational teams.
- Solve trust issues within executive teams.
- Ensure the team grows together as new challenges arise and new members join.
- Resolve conflict within business partnerships or executive teams to move on, stronger and more committed, with better tools.
- Get ready for succession planning. Who’s ready? What do they need? How can the CEO transition to a new role? How can the Board support the new structure?
- Prepare for investment rounds and/or exit sale of companies.
- Ensure the best fit for Mergers & Acquisitions in blended executive team and equipping CEO of merged companies.
- Manage transitions: company growth spurts, expansion, contraction, change of direction.
- Expand the leadership team to establish a cohesive set of goals and define a new direction.